Monday, April 06, 2009

Schindler's list

After so many years, I finally sat down and watched the entire movie Schindler's list.. For some reason I've never seen this before... probably bcos i thought i wouldnt be able to stomach the cruel scenes... I thought Ralph Fiennes was the pick of all..playing Amon Goeth, the cruel pshycopath with his cold blooded eyes and complete disdain for human life... Sorto like Kenneth Branagh in "Conspiracy" as Heydrich.... Also loved Liam Neeson playinng the charismatic Oskar Schindler and Ben Kingsley as the accountant...
Having been to Krakow and seen the real location of the Ghetto,the labor camp at Plaslow, Schindler's enamel factory and also Auswitz & Birkenau concentration camp and heard from tour guide about the real Amon Goeth character and the sad history of Polish jews in Krakow, the movie appealed more to me... makes me wonder how humans could do this to each other... reminds me of a certain dialogue in the movie "Blood Diamond" = "Sometimes I wonder... will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago".. Will such acts of cruel genocides ever stop in Human history :-( ??

No comments: