Saturday, May 14, 2005

D-day has arrived finally!

Tommorrow is May 15th and come 6AM the Lipton International marathon will be flagged off from the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore. I will be running for the 7km Dream run tommorrow. I have been practising a little bit for quite sometime now. I was almost tempted to register for the half-marathon until I had a knee injury lastweek by hitting a stationary motorbike, while I was riding pillion on my firends bike. I am just loading up on my fluid level in my body and also taking in as many calories as I can to endure the heat and tiredness I will be encountering. Wish me all the luck folks!!! May raingods favor me, if the temperature becomes unbearable tommorrow. Personally I think this event should be conducted in Winter in Bangalore.

4 comments:

bharath said...

good luck fella. hope u had a loadful of the pasta before the run!

:)

littlecow said...

good luck kabax! you can do it -- that is until you are careful about stationary bikes, bus and people. :-D

Sriram said...

@ Bharath....
Dude, Why Pasta when i can munch Idlies with delicious sambhar and oh..wait awesome coconut chutney, red hot onion chutney and some tomato chutney.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sriram P, I just dropped in on my way back to my WW2 History site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating D-day has arrived finally!. It
is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
you ever done that?